Dragon Age: Requiem
Groups and Organizations
This section is currently undergoing major revisions. Content may frequently and abruptly change during this process.
Throughout the lands there are numerous groups, organizations, and cultures all trying to carve out an existence. Many of these groups are at odds with one another while others are offshoots of larger groups, adding additional dynamics to the world of Thedas. This section of the Codex contains details on those groups and organizations that have an impact on the characters and Campaign.
Not all organizations are created equal. A small-town bandit gang might be a big deal among the settlements in a region, but they pale in comparison to the might of the Orlesian Empire or even a medium-sized syndicate from a major city such as Kirkwall. They are rated in four categories: Local, Regional, National, or World (known as Scope). It determines how wide the organization’s reach is.
Local Powers influence covers a town or small area.
- Afsaana City Watch (City of Afsaana)
- Litran Clan (Northwestern Brecilian Forest)
- Vintiver Congregation (Village of Vintiver)
- Yonwyn Clan (Heart of Brecilian Forest)
Regional Powers influence covers part of a nation or a large city like Denerim or Kirkwall.
- Avvar (Frostback Mountains region of Ferelden)
- Blackstone Irregulars (Bannorn and Waking Sea regions of Ferelden)
- Communal Tribe (Brecilian Forest, Kocari Wilds, and southern Bannorn regions of Ferelden)
- Crimson Oars (Waking Sea region of Ferelden and Free Marches)
- Felicisima Armada (Amaranthine Ocean and Waking Sea)
- Mage’s Collective (Major cities of Ferelden)
- Smugglers Union (Waking Sea region of Ferelden, Orlais, and Free Marches)
National Powers influence deals with everything within the borders of a nation like Nevarra or Orlais.
World Powers is reserved for kingdoms and other organizations who can affect large areas of Thedas with their power.